Skip to content
How to Register
For the best browsing experience, please upgrade to
IE 9 or greater
Skip to nav
The risk level for West Nile Virus (WNV) and Eastern Equine Encephalitis (EEE) remains low for Winchester as determined by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health. Risk levels vary by community however. The Winchester Health Department encourages you to find out risk levels for all Massachusetts communities at:
. Currently, there is no plan to spray within Winchester and there have been no restrictions placed on outdoor, evening activities.
Take precautions to prevent mosquito bites and mosquito-borne diseases, especially from dusk to dawn when mosquitoes are most active.
If any of this information changes, the Health Department will alert the community.
Avoid mosquito bites by remembering the 5 D’s
– Mosquito activity starts around dusk.
– Mosquitoes are active through dawn.
– Wear insect repellent with effective ingredients such as DEET
– Wear clothing to cover up and block mosquito access to your skin
– Drain standing water from artificial containers on your property
For more info visit:
Questions? Call the Health Department at 781-721-7121 or email
Return to Previous List