News: W.R.A.P. Program
|9/1/2012 12:00:00 AM
Since 1995, the Recreation Dept. has offered W.R.A.P., a licensed, extended day program, for children in Gr. 1–5. This year our program will be offered at the Recreation Dept., 263 Main St., and will include students from each of the five elementary schools.
• Students must register for the entire year.
• The program begins the first day of the school year. These programs are not in session when Winchester Public Schools are closed.
• W.R.A.P. is in operation 5 days a week from the end of the school day until 6 pm.
• Please note that students from all grades will do some activities together. There is time for playing sports and games, a quiet space for homework and computers, and a caring staff. Students will also have electives to choose from throughout the year.
• Please note that W.R.A.P. includes all early release days throughout the year. Typically, these days are reserved for field trips.
• W.R.A.P. students are also eligible to participate in other Recreation Dept. offerings held at the Recreation Dept. in the afternoon, including karate, foreign language, music, and sports programs for a discounted fee.
• W.R.A.P., which is licensed by the Department of Early Education and Care, follows the Winchester Public School calendar with the following exceptions: it is not open when school closes at mid-day for a vacation period or closes early because of bad weather.